Centre for Chemical Safety & Stewardship
The Centre for Chemical Safety and Stewardship (CCSS) has extensive experience in assessing the exposure and effects of chemicals in the environment both for government and the private sector.
About our team
Fera's team of scientists, many of whom serve in national and international committees on chemical safety, have:
- Unparalleled experience in environmental modelling and risk assessment of chemicals for industrial clients and regulators
- Close working relationships with EU Member State Competent Authorities, the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA), the UK Drinking Water Inspectorate (DWI), Chemicals Regulation Directorate (CRD)
- Are at the forefront of development of regulatory exposure modelling and risk assessment science
For more information about some of our key scientists, visit our meet the team section.
We are international experts in the assessment and minimization of the impact of chemicals in the environment and science-based solutions for their sustainable use underpinned by high-quality research and first-class facilities. The key aspects of this work are scope of expertise; insight and interpretation and multi-disciplinary interactions in:
- Ecotoxicology: research on the effects of chemicals on wildlife in the terrestrial and aquatic environment
- Environmental Exposure: research on the fate and behaviour of chemicals after their release in the environment
- Human Exposure: research into the exposure of humans to chemicals and the potential risks from exposure
- Analytical Chemistry: identification and quantification of chemicals in food and the environment
For more information on any of our services, please contact us.