Our Science Strategy
Fera's science strategy consists of a combination of refocusing the priorities of its science programmes and an overarching drive to integrate its core activities in detection and chemical safety. The goal of the strategy is to provide a sound science base for the business development of an organisation which secures the food chain and protects the environment for the benefit of society.
At the heart of the strategy is the need to:
- Integrate existing science expertise in food and plants to embed multidisciplinary working across the organisation
Our core science will be expanded through new initiatives which drive:
- The exploitation of Fera's operation across the food chain to provide joined up solutions in safe and sustainable food from farm to fork
- A movement from risk identification to solution provision
- A conscious priority of being at the forefront of detection technologies from molecules to microbes
The outputs of the strategy will be to allow Fera to:
- More effectively address the global food security challenge
- Strengthen national biosecurity
- Operate regulatory services more efficiently
- Be at the centre of generating applied science solutions for the private and public sectors in agrifood and the environment
- Generate wealth creating translational science products derived from UK basic science
Click image to download.